Going Away on Holiday? Keep Mosquitoes Away!
Going away on holiday is meant to be the highlight of the year but could easily become hell if you constantly come under attack from mosquitoes. Mosquitoes can be annoying but also deadly! Follow this article’s top tips on how to keep mosquitoes away from you and out of your room.
Mosquito habit and food
Mosquitoes are found globally but more typically found in hot, damp areas. As mosquitoes lay their eggs in water they are often found around lakes, swamps, ponds, and the coast.It is only the female mosquito that bites animals and humans to consume their blood, males drink nectar from flowers.
It is safe to say the majority of us have probably experienced that nasty, itchy, red bite that mosquitoes leave after enjoy a nice meal from us. The actual danger though comes from what mosquitoes carry and can pass onto to us, such as; malaria, encephalitis, West Nile Virus and yellow fever.
How to keep mosquitoes away from you and your room
Below are some top tips to keep mosquitoes away from you and your room whilst on holiday.
• Keep windows (or window screens) and doors (or door screens) closed
• Do not keep any water laying around
• You can try using natural repellents like lemon eucalyptus oil or lavender oil
• Put up oscillating fans indoors and outdoors as mosquitoes are week flyers
• Use insect repellent, mosquito specific ones are available
• Eat plenty of garlic and drink coffee as both these natural aromatics repel mosquitoes
• Wearing long sleeves and trousers when possible will help prevent them from landing on you
If you believe you have a mosquito problem here in the UK or you want some extra general advice contact your local pest control company.