Chemical pesticides are available in pest control shops to control pest infestations. You should use chemicals when the situation is more complicated. Try to avoid the use of chemical pesticides because the improper use of chemicals can cause health risks and it will be dangerous to the children and pets in your place.
If you are using chemical pesticides have an experienced person with you to use the chemicals properly. Though there are many pesticides, you should purchase non-dangerous pest chemicals and you should consider many terms while purchasing a chemical pesticide. In this article, we will discuss the things to avoid when using chemical pesticides.
Things To Avoid When Using Chemical Pesticides
- Do not purchase pesticides from unauthorised or non-licensed persons
- Purchase only a single product for a single process and avoid purchasing in bulk
- Check the approved labels and do not buy pesticides without approval labels
- You should check the expiration date before purchasing and avoid expired products
- Do not buy pesticides in leaked containers
- Avoid storing the chemical pesticides inside your home
- You should not transfer the chemicals from their container to any other bottles or cups
- Place the pesticides away from weedicides and avoid storing both in the same place
- You should not allow your children or pet to get closer to the pesticides
- Do not keep the pesticide in sunlight or rain
Things to avoid while handling pesticides
- Do not carry any food products with your pesticides
- Always carry a single product and do not carry bulk products on your shoulder or head
While Applying Pesticides
- Avoid using more chemicals i.e., it should not be an overdose.
- Do not apply chemicals in high concentration
- If you are using any containers to mix the chemicals, you should not use that container for any other domestic purpose.
- Avoid using a battery sprayer while using emulsifying chemical products
- Wash your hands properly with soap and sanitiser before any other actions
- Open the windows and doors and allow more ventilation
- Keep all your family members and pets away from the area where you are using chemicals
- Do not use chemicals in all the places of your home, apply the pesticides only in the required places like cracks and gaps
- If you are using chemicals in the kitchen remove all the food products and containers
- After the treatment, clean your place completely without any residues.
Points to Remember
- Read the instruction thoroughly provided in the label
- Have an experienced person with you while using chemicals
- Have knowledge of first aid information
- Make use of safety products like gloves and mosque while using chemicals
The above listed are important things to avoid when using chemical pesticides. The chemicals available in shops for domestic use will not be effective, highly acidic chemicals are not allowed to use by a common man because pests are always resistant to pesticides. If you cannot avoid pests using domestic chemicals, try to hire a professional pest control service immediately. The experts will help you to sweep out the entire microorganisms in your place.