Anyone who has ever been bitten by a flea will know just how itchy these bites can become; however, there are a number of ways to treat them. Flea bites often manifest in the form of small red dots on the skin, are often surrounded by mild to severe swelling and can be incredibly itchy, but there are a few home remedies that can help to diminish the symptoms and relieve the sufferer. From creams to oils, there are varieties of lotions and potions that can help to not only reduce discomfort but also lessen the swelling of the bite itself. In this blog post we will be taking a look at how you can treat the swelling and tenderness surrounding the bite.
While flea bites used to be more severe when we didn’t have access to the medical resources we do today, there is no denying that sufferers often experience an acute sense of discomfort following a bite. Below are a few home remedies to try if you are having trouble with a flea bite:
- Tea Tree Oil – Simply dab a small amount on the affected area
- Antiseptic Soap – To keep the bites clean and free of infection, wash the affected area in cool water using either antiseptic lotion or soap
- Ice – If you’re suffering from a severe case of swelling or itchiness, place a small amount of ice to help diminish these symptoms
- Calamine Lotion – This alternative can be picked up at your local pharmacy and is primarily used to treat stings from stinging nettles. Simply rub a little on the affected areas to reduce itchiness
- Flea Sprays – While not strictly a treatment for bites, flea sprays can be used to decontaminate furniture and items around the home such as the carpet and chairs making them a useful substance if you’re suffering from an infestation
If you find yourself stuck with an infestation in your home, it is highly recommended to get in touch with a specialist pest control service local to your area. Here at Empire Pest Control, we specialise in the pest removal sector and will work alongside you to eliminate pests like fleas in your home. As a company, we currently operate in Londonand aim to use only the safest treatments and procedures. We are also happy to provide advice on prevention methods in the future. If you’d like to enquire about our services, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly customer service team today. Alternatively, if you’d like to see what pests we specialise in please take a moment to navigate our site to find all the information you need regarding our services and common UK pests. We look forward to hearing from you.