In recent days rats are considered as big troubles that hit all headlines on UK news. Rats infestation affects not only the residential place it also affects the working place in recent days. Rat problems in commercial places bring more damages compared to residential properties. Rat problems in the working places are to be avoided to control the risk factors.
What are the Workplaces that easily get affected by the rats?
- Construction sites
- Food Industry
- Paper mills
Pests like ants, cockroaches, flies, spiders, and birds bring the same damages as the rat, but the rat problem affects both the physical and mental health of the workers.
Many employees and staff left their job due to the rat infestation in the workplace. There are many life stories on rat infestation. A well-known broadcasting company faces a huge loss due to pest infestation and the main culprit is rats. In some other place, productivity will affect due to the dis-comfortable feel of rats in the workplace.
To overcome the rat’s problem in the workplace we compiled some useful tips to practice in the workplace.
Keep staff kitchen and dining place clean and tidy
- Keep all food products and eatables in tightly closed containers.
- Keep your sink place clean and dry. Limit the usage of continuous washings in the sink.
- Use a dishwasher in a proper way
- Clean the dining place daily or after every break
- Ask your staff to eat the foods only at the dining place, not on the working table.
Create Awareness of hygiene in the workplace
- Encourage your staff and team members to use their seats clean and tidy. Make sure no food is stored in their drawers.
- Everyone in your workplace must follow the health and hygiene rules to avoid the pest infestation
- Provide a separate dust-bin for each cabin and make sure the wastes are collected in a daily routine
- Keep separate bins for collecting food wastes and normal wastes.
Concentrate more on water sources
- Check your water sources regularly and fix if any leaks found that attracts the rats fast
- Regularly clean your toilets and bathroom areas
- Make sure there are no water clogs in your workplace
- Check the basements areas and make sure all pipelines are in good condition
Regular clean-up and Inspection
- Don’t bother about the presence of rats, you continuously arrange the team for regular inspection that helps to sort out the pest problem in an earlier stage
- Every employee in a workplace is responsible for keeping their working place clean and tidy. So put the regular cleaning plan checklist on the notice board
Contact Pest Control Services
Hire a reputed pest control service to limit the rat’s problem in your working place. Keep your worker’s health and productivity in your mind and appoint a professional pest control company that has more experience in the field of pest control.