While we can all agree that a pest invasion in our homes is unpleasant at the best of times, we often focus on the impact they will have in our homes and not the impact they will have on ourselves and our health. Of course, upon noticing an infestation, our natural instinct would be to ensure it is eliminated before it can cause too much harm, but just how much damage can an infestation cause?
Here at Empire, we deal with pest control in London, be it North, South, East, West or Central. We are leading experts in ensuring your home is pest free, as soon as possible.
Coming up in April is World Heath Day 2016, so we felt it was important to highlight to you all the very real dangers that many common pests can present to you and your family or business.
- Cockroaches carry a lot of bacteria on them, which can pose internal and external threats to our bodies
- Cockroach saliva, droppings, and dead bodies are full of allergens, which are a key cause of many allergic reactions, as a result of exposure in the home to cockroaches
- Cockroaches crawl anywhere and everywhere, contaminating surfaces, food and even the cooker in the process
- Cockroaches are very resilient and require professional pest control services to eradicate the problem effectively
- Bed Bugs are parasites and feed on human blood at night
- Because of their nocturnal habits, it can be hard to notice a bed bug infestation, with gnats and mosquitoes often being blamed for bites
- Bites can be painful, swollen and cause a rash if left untreated. However, not all people react to bed bug bites
- Because they crawl on your skin and suck your blood, the bacteria that bed bugs carry can easily be transmitted to our skin and into our bodies
- Mosquitoes pierce your skin to feed on blood
- The saliva often causes irritation, swelling and pain
- Those that are allergic will often suffer quite heavily
- Mosquitoes have been known to carry and transmit severe diseases such as Malaria, Dengue Fever, Yellow Fever and the Zika Virus. Some of these diseases can be fatal to humans.
These common pests are much more of a health concern than they should be, so enlisting the help of your local pest control service in London is the safest option for many people who have fallen victim to these pests.
For more information on our services, please consult our website, or contact us to discuss your situation and the options available to you.