When you need to hire an exterminator, you need to make sure you are choosing the right company for you and your family. Not only do you need to ensure that your house is pest free. Your health and safety and the health of your family can be affected if you don’t hire the proper pest controller.
Follow our checklist to find a reputable and trustworthy pest control company to exterminate your pests. If you’re based in the London area, take a look at our reviews on Checkatrade for peace of mind.
- Courtesy – When you are getting in touch with different pest controllers, always look for a company with strong customer service. A pest controller who can communicate well with you will be able to fulfil your needs more than someone who is hard to talk to.
- Qualifications – Any pest controller who enters your property should have all of the correct qualifications and training to take care of the job you need them to do. Another thing you need to check is that the company is fully insured with liability insurance.
- Professionalism – Every pest controller that visits your property should be punctual. They should also give you a clear time when they are coming. All prices and costs must be stated to you upfront. Each technician should also show you any licenses needed to carry out the work.
- References – Check that the pest control company you’re opting for has great reviews. An easy way of checking this is to check them out online. Then you can see what other people are saying about your local pest controllers. Avoid falling for over-promising companies, but still make sure that they use the right tools to get the job done.
- Price – If you feel like you’re overpaying someone for an easy job, you probably are. It’s always best to get two different quotes from competitors so you can compare prices and opt for the better company.
- Expertise – Probably one of the most important things you need from a pest controller. Their knowledge and expertise on pest extermination. You must make sure that the pest control company you want to hire has the experience in dealing with your particular pest. Many pest control companies only deal with specific types of pest. So it’s always best to go with the company that have the most knowledge.